Ascot Vale PS is committed to child safety. We want children to be safe, happy and empowered. We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers. Ascot Vale PS is committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, the cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability and/or vulnerable children, allowing these children to participate equally.
We have zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures. This encompasses all school environments and outside of school hours.
Overview of Child Safe Standards
- Standard 1: Strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety
- Standard 2: A statement of commitment to child safety
- Standard 3: A code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children
- Standard 4: Screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel
- Standard 5: Processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse
- Standard 6: Strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse
- Standard 7: Strategies to promote the participation and empowerment of children
- Working With Children Checks: Information for parents and carers who volunteer at AVPS